Tuesday, January 20, 2009

THANK GOD!!!




IT'S OVER!!!



Was it just me, or did it seem like the entire nation has been holding it's breath ever since the Presidential-elect was announced?

Maybe it's my news-work-side that has jaded me so. I was on pins and needles hoping that the inauguration went off without any problems. I didn't vote for our new President...but, I'm also smart enough to know that if anything would have happened to him today, that it would be HORRIBLE for our country.

I watched the entire inauguration, which like most Americans, was probably my first. Thought Aretha sounded like she needed a little help...although, she's till one hell of a singer....thought the prayer from Dr. Rick Warren was very good...could have done without Feinstein....thought Bush looked tired...the Obama girls looked adorable....and the benediction was decent...a little racist...but, humorous, none-the-less.

HOWEVER....I thought CBS' coverage commentary was TERRIBLE!! I've ALWAYS had a heart for Katie Couric, but I SSOOOO lost all respect for her during her commentary today. I thought she was monumentally disrespectful of our out-going President. Could not say ONE nice thing. I don't know about YOUR mom, but I was always told that if you can't say something nice.....don't say anything at all. Katie, obviously, did NOT learn that lesson. I TOTALLY felt like the media was playing their card. I think this was one of the great reasons why I didn't enjoy my time in TV as much as I could have. I don't like to see media abuse of power. But..another story for another time.

All in all, I thought that DC did a fabulous job in handling the crowds, and the event itself, was very nice.

Now.....it's time for the country (and me) to exhale, and pray that this will be as smooth a transition as possible, and that Mr. President will fulfill his duties to the best of his capabilities.

May God Bless America.

No comments: