
Crazy week.
This weekend, Dayna spilled water on my Blackberry that I got this summer. It would turn on, ring when called, and receive all emails, texts, etc....but, I could retrieve nothing. So, Monday I took it to the Verizon store. Thank goodness my friend was there and said, "I've seen this before. The buttons don't work. Lucky thing for you, we got a shipment of BRAND NEW Blackberry's in. Let me swap yours out"...and proceed to replace my phone with a new one, and all of its accessories. He's so wonderful to me!
UNfortunately....I lost my calendar. So, I am flying by the seat of my pants with having a TON of information an appointments that were lost on the old phone. One of which was today's appointment: an appraiser that came out to the house. All I knew was that it was after 10am. Good thing for me, I had the house all nice and clean (and me all nice and clean)....and was prepared for her when she happened to show up at 11am.
I had also forgotten that I was picking up my girlfriend's two kids and feeding them tonight. Trip to the store for extra dinner makings. I did stop by the RedBox movie kiosk and get a few movies. "Mirrors", which was too gruesome for me, but had an EXCELLENT story twist..."Lakeview Terrace" which was AWESOME!!!...."The Women" and "Swing Vote", which we haven't watched yet.
My girlfriend's kids left. Alyssa had a MASSIVE....MAJOR meltdown. We go through this with her almost every month. Which in turn, flairs her eczema up to an INCREDIBLE level. Well, I tried to help her out....but, looks like I got deemed the "bad guy". I'm a damned good mom. The whole mother/daughter struggles that happen so infrequently in this house between myself and my eldest two just break my heart. They are so unnecessary. One day, when they have girls of their own, maybe they too, will understand.
On the HAPPY side of the coin, I got some really interesting news today. There is a very good chance that I will start writing for a magazine in the near future. I will be doing articles on travel, arts, wine/spirits, and possibly fashion. I'm really excited about the possibilities! I would be working from home (it sounds like), which is a nice benefit. Seeing as how I have not been sleeping, I could actually pump out a BUNCH of articles, and store them up for future editions.
I thought that was exciting news. :)
Anyways...I don't think I have any appointments tomorrow. Maybe I will take a sleeping pill tonight, as I haven't slept in DAYS. I got my cortisone shot in my shoulder on Friday and took x-rays. I guess the films turned out fine, so they are sending me in for an MRI. Should hear about my appt. by the end of the week. The shot just ain't cutting it, and physical therapy is only helping so much. Good thing I have my new job possibility to keep my mind off of my pain. That....and my Vicodin. ;)
So....what's new with YOU?

No comments:
Post a Comment