Monday, January 12, 2009

OK, OK, OK!! Here's what you've been waiting for...



Yup. That is Quincy Jones...goofing around with me in his living room! I was invited to go with my cousin Liz to his house. Our friend Ingrid also came along. All I can say was it was an awesome experience, and I am FULLY looking forward to our next trip back.



Quincy has a GORGEOUS home, designed by Steve Wynn. From the balcony off of the main living room, you can see all of Hollywood, Los Angeles and even down to Catalina Island!



He was an amazingly gracious host. We spoke of everything from his past projects to upcoming projects....new talent he has found to talent he has worked with in the past. Friends from the past that he lost...Presidents and Nobility that he has welcomed to his home. From jokes shared between us....to tears shed between us.



Never once was I nervous about meeting him. Never once did I feel out of place walking around with a living legend. So humble and hospitable, he was. Made me feel like I was sharing time with a life-long friend.



After we had been there about 2 1/2 hours, he decided that we needed something to eat. So, he asked what we would like, and we all decided on soup and salad. He also ordered up a nice bottle of Reisling. Next thing I know, one of his employees presented us with a silver platter that had 4 glasses of white wine. We laughed and talked some more, until the table was set and we shared a meal together. FABULOUS salad topped with THE most incredible salmon sashimi (about 3/4" thick!) on a bed of greens. Then there was the incredible soup we had! Broth with fresh vegetables and the finest ground meat/sausage. Dessert was fresh watermelon sorbet topped with big juicy blueberries. Laugh after laugh was had at that table.



My cousin had an engagement to go to, which was sad because Quincy had video of a superstar that he found....years ago when he found them. This person is legendary now...and it would have been an awesome thing to see. However, the fact that we had to leave, left it that we would be back...maybe for a night of movies in his theater!!



Either way, I am forever indebted to him for the grace at which he entertained. I felt so comfortable being there. I loved looking at all of his Grammys, Oscars, MTV Awards, philanthropic awards.....pictures of all of the family he loves so much, to pictures of movie stars, rock legends, and Heads of State.



All three of us went away with smile on our faces, and a token from our visit. It was an amazing experience, and I look forward to being able to visit with him again and again. Such a gentleman...



I have left a lot of detail out, but there are some memories which I like to keep to myself, and I respect the privacy of Quincy and our visit together. Sweet memories, from a sweet man. I wish that everyone could get to know him...it was such a pleasant, welcome surprise.








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm SOOOOO friggin' jealous!!!!! Great pics...are there more?
Kohl

Yaya Tells All said...

I had a total of 6 pic that I took. I didn't want to invade his privacy. felt badly enough asking for pics with him (although, he surely didn't seem to mind!).

You can find the COMPLETE round of pictures on my FB page. ;)