
I've come a long way, baby!!
I made my first dinner in over 3 weeks!! Home made spaghetti and garlic bread. it was FABULOUS!! As much as I have LOVED having dinner delivered for 2 weeks, it was SO nice eating food that I was used to!!
I was supposed to get some help from a little daughter of mine...but, she had her head buried in her laptop, and I just WENT FOR IT!!
I'm SO tired!! And SSOOOOOO full!!
I don't know how you make your spaghetti...but, due to tomato acid wreaking havoc on my tummy, I add sugar to my sauce. It gives it a pleasant sweetness, and cuts all of the acid content. I brown up some sweet Italian sausage...then some ground beef...drain off the grease and add the sugar. Then, I cheat. lol I use jarred organic tomato & basil sauce and simmer.
As far as the garlic bread goes...just get some french bread, melt a cube of butter (one per loaf), and I mince my own garlic and add it to the butter. Dip the bread in and stick it under the broiler until perfectly toasted.
Add some freshly grated parmesean cheese....and...PERFECTION!!
Other than that exciting news, a friend of mine was having a conversation with me about cemeteries (a love of both of ours), and sent me a photo of a plot in the middle of a shopping complex'es parking lot in New Jersey. Been there almost 150 years. Check THIS out:


Pretty bizarre, eh?
It was very interesting, because I was trying to find the pics on the internet myself...and found out that Wal-Mart has built over and dug up several old cemeteries in order to build their stores. You should do some research on it yourselves.
I know that many of my readers out there have the same common interest as I do in the afterlife...death...etc. If you haven't seen the show already, check out "Dead Like Me". You'll have to buy or rent the DVD's, as the show was VERY unfortunately cancelled after two FABULOUS seasons. Great show.
If you have any interesting cemetery stories or pictures, I would LOVE for you to share them! Two things I always like doing when I travel out of town: See a movie in the local theater, and check out the town's cemetery.
Maybe something you didn't know about me, huh?

2 comments:
Actually I love watching old movies IN the cemetery.
We go to the Hollywood Cemetery behind Paramount Studios and sit there with food and drinks with a bunch of other people and enjoy a cool movie. You should come with us this year! They run from the summer months to around early November. I'm on their list so as soon as they start I'll pass it along.
OH MY GOSH!!!
I would LOVE that!! How GREAT!!
Never heard of THAT, either!!
Please DO keep me informed!!
Thanks, darlin'!!
Post a Comment