Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Dashing out my days diary....




That's it.

I'm losing it.

I'm going crazy.

That's me in the picture up there. (Wasn't my best photo...)


Let's start with yesterday...mid-afternoon.


I got a call from my ex-step-sister that my dad had been complaining about some sort of pain...and then one of his employees found him collapsed on the floor in the back room of his business. I made a few calls to friends and church asking for quick prayer...and I was out the door. Even though my dad is only 58, his health has been VERY frail for the last couple of years. He's 6'2", and weighs in between 113-125 pounds. So, you can see why I would be concerned.

I rush down to the downtown hospital (which has EVERYONE from EVERY walk of life carrying EVERY imaginable contagious disease), and wait in line to approach the window. When I tell them that my father had been transported to ER via ambulance, they go to look him up in the computer. They show that he has been at the hospital for 40 minutes, but, they have no idea where he is, as he has no room assignment. I am told that I need to wait 15 minutes and check back in. I waited almost 25 minutes, went back up to the window, only to get the same story. He's nowhere to be found. I call back my ex-step-sister....no answer. Call my grandma...no answer. Finally give up and call our family's real estate office. I speak with my aunt who informs me that dad is at grandma's house...so, I head over there.

Upon arriving, I hear how he was taken into the ER, had an arm band slapped on him, and then told it would be a 2-4 hour wait before they could get him a bed. So, they put him in a wheelchair and rolled him out into the waiting room. In that waiting room, were various people vomitting into trash recepticals. He stayed there about 5 minutes, and headed out to the curb. Curled up on the side of the road, he called my grandma and asked her to please pick him up. She gets him home, and they try to doctor him up at home. It would appear that he was struggling with his bleeding ulcer...but, it was not bleeding. By the time I got there, he was already starting to feel better.

Story goes though, that he had NOT collapsed, but gotten down on the floor to try and relieve some of the pain he was feeling in his upper stomach. It was no rush...an he would be fine. I was exhausted after running around and worrying about him.

So....that was my day yesterday.



Had a decent day today. Busy, but decent. They have stained all of the doors now (we only have a door on our bedroom...no door handle) and all 22 doors are out in the garage. Tomorrow they will be sealed, lacquered and (hopefully) rehung. Next in line would be the repainting of the entire house. I cannot WAIT until the day comes when I don't have a gaggle of workmen at my house from 8am-4pm!


Took my mom out to dinner tonight. Introduced her to shabu-shabu and kobe beef. Had an AWESOME time! The Tulare Ag Fair is this week, so there are people from all over the world here in the central valley. Rumors are that rooms are booked from south of Bakersfield, all the way up through Fresno. Booked....SOLID. So, while we were at dinner, there were QUITE a few people from out of town...out of state...that we conversed with. Bought a table of 6 people from Houston, MY favorite drink, Nigori sake. They returned the favor and bought mom and I our 3rd plum wine coolers. Sat next to two guys from Sacramento and had great conversation with them. On the other side of us was a travel nurse from Denver who was really great. Next to HER, was a young couple who were really cute. We all got to talking about restaurants in Fresno that they needed to go to. It was a lot of fun. It's really cool the people you can meet when you open up. Great stories, also.

As we were talking, we all decided that I could make a MINT renting out rooms in my house during the Ag Fair! Nice big remodeled house...pool, jacuzzi...home cooked meals...big screen TV...Wii and PS3...nightly Guitar Hero competitions....they all said they would pay good money to stay at my place. Maybe next year I will have to have the kids stay at their friends' house for the week!! ***laughing***

Anyhow...had a nice night with mom. Went to Target afterwards and strolled around.

Tomorrow's Valentine's Day. Couldn't get into the restaurant I wanted to go to for dinner. Will probably end up cooking. It's all good. We don't ever seem to do anything much for Valentine's, anyways. We trade cards...that's about it. I've got goodies being delivered for the girls, my mom and my sister. Hopefully, they will all like what they get.


From tomorrow on out, the calendar's a MESS!! Tomorrow is V-Day, Friday I have visitation at the funeral home in the afternoon, and a Sweetheart Dinner at church that night. Saturday is the funeral. Sunday is church, and then my cousin's wedding that afternoon. THAT should be interesting, as Chris Isaak (yes, the singer/actor..."Wicked Game") will be there in attendance. Lastly, Monday, is Alyssa's 15th birthday (which I can't get over yet). The kids have school holiday again that day...but, her friends are planning to kidnap her. Busy next 4 days.


Went and had my first massage in 5 weeks today. It was WONDERFUL!! I have had some pretty decent pain on both sides of my abdomen since my surgery. Spoke to my doctor about it...he said it was normal. I went in today, and Steve (my masseuse) started working on that area, and I JUST about went through the roof. I endured...and after he finished with me and left, I was feeling around where the pain had been...AND IT WAS GONE!! I was SSOOOO thrilled!! Wish I could have had that pain taken care of earlier!! When I came out, I asked him what the heck he did to my stomach? He said that I had some trigger points that were all knotted up, and he just took care of what he could. Wow! What a difference!! I would say that at this point, after Steve (my hero), took care of those knots....I have next to no pain! Next doc appt. is on the 25th. That will be the 6 week mark. It gets better each week.

Now if I could just switch out these hormone patches!!! Next week!!


I think I spoke a little about going to southern CA trying to find my great-grandmothers grave. We had no cemetary name...no city...just knew it was in So. CA. Well, through a bit of research and ONE phone call, I located her! I have the cemetary, section and plot number. I am so excited! Mom and I will be taking the girls down there...and none of us have been there before. I was thinking about going around and seeing some famous people's graves, also. Walt Disney is just down the road...and I did some research as to where his grave is. I guess it's hidden...but, I found where he's at! Should make for a fun trip. We are building on it, little by little.

I like the off-the-beaten-path stops. Got any to share with me??

1 comment:

JoAnn said...

I got so worried when I started reading about your Dad being rushed to the hospital. I am relieved to here he is okay. I have very fond memories of hanging out with him at your Grandma Exie's house.

So you are going to be in close proximity to the gorgeous Chris Isaak. You lucky girl. How does your cousin know him?

I am going to send you a link to a YouTube video about grave hunting. I think you will like it.