Well, I made it through an INCREDIBLY busy weekend!
Valentine's Day was nice. I had flowers delivered to all of the girls and my mom...unfortunately, FTD screwed up and never delivered the flowers I ordered for my sister. MAJORLY disappointed in that. Dean took me out to a lunch of my choice. We ate at a grill that happened to have a Valentine's special of lobster...so, we both ordered that. It was great. Then, when I got home, I was surprised to find a lovely large bouqet of flowers that were delivered to me from Dean. Very nice surprise. I cooked dinner for 8 that night. Tried out a new recipe and it went over VERY well! I made panko crusted calamari steaks with a lemon/white wine butter sauce and topped with capers....rice pilaf...and steamed veggies...with a nice bottle of Caymus Conundrum. It was marvelous!
Friday was Sweetheart Dinner at church. A nice time was had by all there. Dean and I had Chicken Alfredo, and I donated desserts. We got to pass Valentine's to other people in the room, which became quite hysterical. My girlfriend, Lisa, was the chef...and she came out and presented me with a Valentine's gift: a walking pig that sings "I'm Too Sexy"....and SQUEALS when you pull his tail. He's in some satin boxers with hearts all over them. It was quite the hit!
Saturday we had Irene's funeral to go to. The weather was PERFECT! Very nice graveside service, and a large showing back at the church for the memorial and reception. Got to hear a story that she wrote which was published, and I got a booklet that had several other stories that she wrote. I can't wait to read all of those! Maybe one of my posts will have to be a story from Irene...
Sunday...typical church day...then we had my cousin Elizabeth's wedding to attend. I wasn't really sure how I felt about going...but I had a BLAST! And, she, as always, looked GORGEOUS. Unfortunately, Chris Isaak was a no-show. Bummed me and my other girl cousins out....but, we didn't let it phase us too much.
Here are a few pictures from the wedding:







I had a BLAST! I got out on the dance floor with my daughters and cousins and tore the rug up!! Once I heard "Brick House" come on...it was ALL OVER!! I think I shocked the heck out of everyone (including myself), being able to move like that just a few weeks after surgery! It was a kick! If you are a friend of mine on MySpace, I have the entire wedding album posted...well, the pics that I snapped, at least!
Today was Alyssa's 15th birthday! Can you believe that?!?! I know that I can't! She was "kidnapped" by two girlfriends this morning, and taken out to breakfast and a movie. Then came home, and Briana took her shopping. It's a tradition in our house that I cook the birthday person whatever they want...so, tonight we had fondue. We had beef, chicken, bella mushrooms, blacktail shrimp, and langostino (little lobsters....crawdads). It went over very well. Alyssa asked that I just bake her a homemade cake with yellow writing...so, that's what you see at the top of the page. I have the video of us bringing the cake out to her and singing. It's posted on YouTube under my account. You'll also get a little insight into how much Briana partied at the wedding while mom and dad weren't looking...lol
Well, it's OFF TO BED for me! Everyone is asleep, and I can hear Dean-o snoring in our room. It's making me sleepy...so, I think I will hit the hay.
Hope you have an AWESOME week!

No comments:
Post a Comment