
Unfortunately...I may be at loss for words tonight. Only because I am fairly disturbed by some comments that were thrown my way late this afternoon.
I HAD been having a fairly decent day, until one of my readers decided to email me comments about a topic that I should blog about...and how I should do it. It touched a rather raw nerve with me. Basic content was: I should write a blog of nice things about my husband, because it was the right thing to do to make him happy.
I'm sorry...but, he doesn't even READ my blogs. Doesn't have one bit of interest in them. I also take GREAT offense in how it's the WOMAN'S job to stroke the mans ego so that he can offer up kindness in return. When I hear that, I always feel that the woman should get NO kudos, kindness or thoughfulness given to her...unless SHE first gives.
And that's EXACTLY the way this "comment" was taken.
Sorry, all of my loyal readers.
I may or may NOT be back on tonight. It's best that I hold my tongue and properly prepare or difuse myself before going on further. I promise though...I won't let this shut my blog down.
Some women get stronger AND wiser with age. I'd like to think that I am one of them.

2 comments:
Well... since I'm the subject of your "wrestling" its too bad you missed the entire meaning of the "comment". You find nice things to say about your daughters, friends, even old women at church, but not your husband. That's really too bad. I don't know where or even how you got the idea of the woman stroking a man's ego. I KNOW its not from what I said.
Dear "Anonymous"~
Without publishing the comment in full, it's hard for me to try and defend myself to my readers. Upon asking a couple of my female friends how THEY took the letter though, they understood it the same way. Cooler heads have prevailed. My lovely husband DID offer me a resolution: not to communicate with you. My husband IS a wise man! Unfortunately, the comment caused a HUGE split between us, as I was later told that you two had a prior "discussion" about my blog. I felt betrayed by the BOTH of you. Betrayed and set-up. Maybe it's best that you learn to express your ideas in a way that a woman "on the edge" won't take offense. I'm so glad that you decided to not to honor my time to recuperate before you offered up your thoughts.
I would be MORE than open to hear of some suggestions on what nice things I could make an entire blog about, in regards to my husband Dean. He is a fabulous provider and father to our children. Please offer up some creative ideas. Also, please make sure with Dean, thathe is willing and WANTING to be blogged about. I would hate to invade the privacy that he holds so dear.
Post a Comment