
How sad is it when there are 6 of us gathered around the TV, watching Tommy Boy, and 5 of us know the lines....verbatim. And....we have a 7th person downstairs who could chime in with us.
Have you seen it? You really should. TOTAL no-brainer...and funny as hell! Here are a couple of lines you can rehearse to share with YOUR family:
Tommy (Chris Farley): I l-left a message.
Richard Hayden (David Spade): A message? What number did you call?
Tommy: Two, four, niner, five, six, seven...
Richard Hayden: I can't hear you, you're trailing off and did I catch a niner in there? Were you calling from a walkie-talkie?
Tommy: No, it was cordless.
Tommy: Did you hear I finally graduated?
Richard Hayden: Yeah, and just a shade under a decade too, all right.
Tommy: You know a lot of people go to college for seven years.
Richard Hayden: I know, they're called doctors.
Richard Hayden: What is our carrying charge for all the merchandise in the warehouse?
Tommy: Ohhhh, man...
Richard Hayden: One and a...
Tommy: ...half percent. I knew that. Why can't I remember it?
Richard Hayden: Try an association like, uhhh... Let's say the average person uses ten percent of their brain. How much do you use? One and a half percent. The rest is clogged with malted hops and bong resin.
Alright....I digress. It's funny. Got funny lines. A few bad words thrown in here and there. Some heavy-hitter actors, too. Even Bo Derek doing her best impression of "10" again! Definate cult classic.
Well, my day was fairly uneventful. Went to the doc again. "Everything looks great! Take the rest of the tape off when you get home." Even though the nurse recommended I spend more time in bed during the day (which I will be doing), everything else seems to be right on task.
I fear I am going to have nothing funny or exciting to write about in the next few days...while I am in BED. ***sigh*** Looks like I will have to revisit some more poignant times in my life again.
Ohhh....the choices. Twice stolen identity...car hit while I was in South Coast Plaza...delivering my little sister while I was almost 9 months pregnant....
What to write, what to write....
Any suggestions?

2 comments:
Oooo...I want to hear the story about how your helped deliver baby Heather :-)
OMG! I'm a doctor and I didn't know it!!!!
Post a Comment