
Ok....how many of us here just LOVE going to the DMV? Raise your hand. Ok, put it down. You look funny raising your hand while reading an online blog all by your lonesome.
Well, I told you the other day that I hadn't yet received my license, and that I feared that my identity had been stolen, AGAIN. (Yes....some day I will blog about BOTH of those ordeals!) Good news is: It's not been stolen. Bad news: I have NO idea when I will be getting my license...therefore holding up mine and Dayna's passport. If I can't get her passport VERY soon, then I get to go to the DMV and pay them $25 for a CA ID card for my 13 year old. Where's the justice??
Here's how it all unfolded:
I called DMV a day ago, only to be told that my application was listed as "INCOMPLETE". I went in on 1/7/08...had a woman AT the DMV look over and APPROVE the application....TAKE MY CHECK (which, I am SURE has been cashed by now)...and ask me if the old picture was fine. Seeing as how I was in sweats and not ready for a new pic, I said, "Sure". (The picture doesn't look a THING like me now...but...oh well!)
The gal on the phone keeps pressing me that it's because I did not take a new picture, give my thumbprint OR take a new vision test. I then went on to explain how my daughter went in the day after I did (remember me telling you that?), and they did not make her go through any new hoops. Not understanding that principle, I asked to speak to her Supervisor. This quickly had her talking me into holding while she called the branch of the DMV that I went to in the first place.
After coming back on the line, I was told that my license is tied up in a glitch in the DMV system. I have been flagged by their Problem Driver Pointing System. Sounds menacing. I, am NOT a problem driver. Nor have I ever been. So, I begin to ask her exacting what the PDPS is all about. (PDPS is what she was calling it...)
The PDPS applies to commercial drivers and driver's who have licenses in more states that just California.
I don't fit EITHER of these catagories.
I drive a CAR. (Albeit a LARGE one...)
I ONLY have a license in the lovely golden state of California.
She tells me there is NO explination for this mishap. The best she can do for me is take my number and they will have someone call me back, once they find something out. Once again...no forecast in when I might GET my license.
So....this is where my license is laying....in the INCAPABLE hands of the state government, in a far away land called Department of Motor Vehicles. If ever I had little faith in the system, this has only amplfied my feelings.
And, if I have to give them an EXTRA $25 for Dayna's ID because I can't get her passport....I'm gonna be even MORE upset....
Speaking of government: how's everyone enjoying the banter between Obama and Clinton?
BILL Clinton, that is.
I forgot. Which one is supposed to be on the ballot?????

No comments:
Post a Comment