
Anyone catch THIS Las Vegas show today? WOW!! Light it up, baby!!
According to news, when they went to put the fire out on the rooftop of the Monte Carlo in Las Vegas, they found 4 welders. SURPRISE!!! And did you hear why it burned so quickly? That beautiful facade on the outside is made of....
(drum roll, please)
.....FOAM!!
That's right, folks! You're safe in Las Vegas...where EVERYTHING'S a show!! You can watch water shows...magic shows....USED to be able to watch PIRATE shows!! But, now, for your entertainment pleasure, we proudly present...FIRE SHOWS!! Kinda beats Wynn's Mirage down the street, huh? He just has a little 'ole volcano that erupts every so often.
It is sad, though. I have stayed at the Monte Carlo before...when it first opened. LOVELY rooms. I believe ours was non-smoking. ***cough, cough***
Seriously,though...I'm kinda bummed with Vegas. I never took my kids there...and, I know that it went from being a Sin City to a "Family-Friendly" city...and now, it's decided to go back to sleaze. Too bad, too. They had a lot of really cool stuff that I would have enjoyed taking my kids to now that they are a little older.
You know, as I mentioned in a post a few days ago, we were stranded (twice) in Vegas. I barely recognized the city. There is SO much construction going on! I couldn't believe it! And, it seems like for everyone's eye-sore, there's a bigger, better, more expensive eye-sore down the road from there!
Have you seen THIS one:

You should read about it on the website:
http://www.vegastodayandtomorrow.com/las_vegas_tower.htm
Vegas: this ain't the rat-pack's town, anymore.
I found it interesting that they had to completely evacuate the Monte Carlo tonight. Everyone who HAD a room there, now gets to stay at another MGM property in Las Vegas. Kind-of a cool way to hotel hop...I guess.
I thought it was kinda funny when I heard that the fire had been blazing for 45 minutes before they really started the evacuation process. Reports are that even though the fire alarm was going off (for 45 minutes, mind you) that people were still on the casino floor. I could hear Dean in my head: "You go ahead and run, babe! I'm on a roll with the dice!! I'm HOT!!"
Yeah...hot is RIGHT!!
It will be very interesting to watch the development (and deconstruction) of downtown Las Vegas.
(I am sitting here trying to show Dean the pictures of the Crown, and tell him about it...he's ignoring me, while his jaw is wide open and he's playing "Battle for Middle Earth" on his laptop. I told you he wouldn't leave the craps table, either, didn't I???)
SPEAKING of Dean...I guess I owe the woodworker an apology. And, I hate it.
Turns out, Dean had been faxed descriptions and measurements of all of the wood that he would be making for the remaining projects I spoke about yesterday. Next to each of them, it states: WHITE OAK.....WHITE OAK....WHITE OAK. Even the handrails that were made that we both HATE....a DRAWING, with measurements, right there on the estimate for work. Unfortunately...I was never made aware of this beautiful 4 page fax. All I ever heard were the figures to do the work. So...I gracefully backed out of having ANYTHING to do with the woodwork.
Dean has an appointment with the guy tomorrow. I'm out. All of that...PAID for...wood. Makes me sick. I have a feeling we will be paying the guy to do it all over...CORRECTLY...which makes me sick, again.
Ladies.....ever been working on a project (albeit a MAN'S project), and be railroaded unknowingly? I could go on and on about my disappointment and frustration. Sometimes, I wish there was a way to get even with the rules of the "Boy's Club".
On a happy note:
I have an AWESOME cousin. She rocks my socks!! Her name is JoAnn. I wanna move in with her. Besides her and her husband being AWESOME Guitar Hero challengers, I like her Simpson's pinball machine. She rocks with her karaoke, too. This is a pic with me, JoAnn and her bestest buddy, Kohl. (Kohl rocks, also. She's the one that was blessed with HEIGHT!! Get the three of us together...and WATCH OUT!!)

Anyways....I got a package today. It had a card in it that was addressed to me, aka The Turtle. lol I open up the VERY tightly wrapped package (you like TAPE and brown bag paper, don't you, JoAnn??), and it was a FABULOUS care package!!
There was a SUPER soft pink (my fav color) teddy with a post it that read: TO HUG. A box of Sweetheart candies that were posted: TO EAT. A small box that had a note on it reading: TO WIND. Ok... I open up the box, and there's a wind-up turtle in it!! (You so rock!) And then the final touch: Something wrapped in red tissue paper. Something cylindrical....something that I am starting to see "Nutritional Facts" on... Oh...VERY clever. A small bottle of Metemucil that has a post-it that reads: TO POOP.
Glad to know friends and family are still worried about me....
JoAnna Banana.....THIS blog's for you!! I love ya, kiddo!! Can't wait to test your wicked skills on Guitar Hero again! I hope you've been practicing!!
Care packages are the bomb.....

1 comment:
Testing. Testing. 123. Can you hear me now?
Hi Cuz. So happy you liked your little care package.
Post a Comment