
Me-Haul with a U-Haul.
Today, I got to drive one of these. JUST like this one. Whatta haul. Mom says I could fly a plane if I wanted to. (I think she's being generous...)
Actually, I thought I did very well. And, to think that I passed up driving a limo, years ago. Maybe I could go back...
Had some jack ass man riding the line while he was driving his big new Lincoln Navigator. Mom and I think that maybe he was coming back from a "liquid lunch". We got to a red light at the same time, and he looks over at ME, like I was the idiot driver. Then, he does the "automatic" closing of his side mirrors. I don't get road rage...but I sure shook my head at him when we met up at the next light.
Driving it was rather....freeing. I like doing new things. Especially things that "chicks" don't normally do. Like drive a 14' U-Haul, pull out the ramping, move furniture, and get the whole thing back within under 2 hours. It was rather liberating.
***checking off "DRIVING A U-HAUL" on my list of things to try***
Next up: flying a plane, of course!!
Well, it's been a crazy day. I actually had a SEVEN MINUTE nap today, before running off to the next errand. CRAZY day!! Went to bunco....won NOTHIN'!! I always give those little old ladies a run for their money!! One of the subs said that I HAD to be a good woman, if I am married to a German!! I had to laugh at that one. Cute little ladies.
I truly had something interesting to write about. It came to me during the night. But, now I can't remember what it was about. All I remember is that it had to do with irony. Maybe there's something ironic I the fact that I forgot what it was about....
Saw some great movies in the last 48 hours. I AM LEGEND was pretty darned good. Now, I need to watch the second disc, which was the unrated "controversial" version. Then, there was the movie that was fun for the whole family: DAN IN REAL LIFE. Dean even had us watch it the night after we had just watched it. I HIGHLY recommend it. It has Steven Carell, Dane Cook, Juliette Binoche, Dianne Wiest, and John Mahoney in it. REALLY great movie. Then, we watched THE WAITRESS, with Keri Russell. Chick flick. Decent.
Tomorrow will be another crazy day. Then, Thursday will be, also...but, I have my massage to look forward to on that day. I think Friday has NOTHING scheduled!! YEA!! Maybe I will go to lunch that day.
I'm looking forward to getting out of Fresno again...this time, heading for Las Vegas. Should be a nice time. We've booked a great room at a high-end hotel...and are planning on seeing at least ONE show. I'm kinda getting excited. I will be interested to see how well we do without stepping up to the dice table!! There's so much to see in that city...and we have always stayed inside playing craps. We shall see....
Ok....it's time for me to TRY and get some sleep now. I still am struggling in that area. Believe it or not, yesterday during my (final) post-op appointment, my doctor told me that I needed to drink a glass of wine each night before going to bed. The night before, I had taken an Ambien CR, and still woke up a few times during the night. Never been TOLD to drink before!! WHAT A PRESCRIPTION!!!
So...I think I can handle a glass of wine right now...
CHEERS!!

No comments:
Post a Comment