
Well, that will be me tomorrow. The hospital calls me today to give me the time. I gotta admit, after seeing this picture, I got a little sick. I've been doing fine....not anxious or anything. But, this pic ain't very becoming, if you know what I mean. At least I have one of the finest orthopaedic surgeons in the country, if not the world. I feel very fortunate.
So, if you don't already know what's going on....my left shoulder has "issues". The doc will be doing three (3) things: repairing/sewing a torn tendon at the tip of the shoulder.....filing down a bone spur somewhere in the same location....and draining an engorged bursa that is not responding to cortisone shots. The only things I am worrying about are getting the IV (which is ALWAYS an issue for me) and the fact that they have to put me in a Vancomyacin drip during surgery, due to my MRSA susceptibility. I've had it once a year now, for two years. I have a low tolerance for Vanco, so I am REALLY putting myself in the trust of someones hands, to a drug I know I am allergic to.... Kinda scary.
Send up a little prayer for me, if you would. I could use it.
I'll possibly find out tomorrow when I start physical therapy. They might not give me a date until we discover how intense the surgery was.
Well.....I'm off to lay in bed and toss and turn.

No comments:
Post a Comment