Monday, February 9, 2009

Cuttin' it up!!



Remember my previous posts about ice massages, e-stem, and cortisone shots on my shoulder?


Welllll.....here's the skinny:




Since September, my left shoulder has been hurting. I went in October to my doc, and was told it was time for my yearly cortizone shot, as appearantly my bursitis was flaring up again. I passed on the offer, as the last time he had to give me three shots in one visit. Told him I would come back when I just couldn't move my arm. He laughed and said, "I'll see you in two weeks". I didn't go back in "two weeks".


Well, it kept getting worse. I went back, mid-January. He gave me one shot in the bursa, and it worked for 2 1/2 days, then started aching again. My physical therapist told me that I should go back and ask him for an MRI. He took an x-ray and it came back negative, so he set up an appointment for a MRI. I called for the results today, and the nurse was just printing out the results: I have a torn rotator cuff and need surgery. She said the doctor will be reviewing the report and refering me to an orthopaedic surgeon.


I was just getting ready to plan a trip to Disneyland because my youngest daughter qualified for Cheerleading Nationals there at the end of March. Also, I have a Mexico mission trip coming up on April 3rd. So....I shall wait to see when I get my O.S. appointment, and when he decides to schedule surgery.


I'm bummed....yet glad that they know what the cause of the pain is. Just wasn't prepared for "surgery" to be what came out of all of this....

No comments: