I spent the day with my daddy today, and took a couple of pictures for those of you who are following his journey. Last night when I told him that a medical team would need to fly with him, due to his frailness, he became VERY apprehensive and pulled back from the whole process. I told him to thin about it and pray about it overnight. When I went to visit with him today, he was telling friends who were calling, that it "looks like (his) family will be shipping him off to Minnesota". Anyone who heard, was pleased by the news. I think it's starting to settle in comfortably enough that he's accepting it.
I just got an email from Hinds Hospice. I Vigil Volunteer for them, and they were the recipients of the over 600 couture gowns that I had in my inventory when I closed my doors in 2007. They had tried selling a few of the gowns in the past, and had not been very successful. Well, I guess they have a large guild here in town who will be holding several charity auctions fr the hospice, using my gowns. They were on the morning news (I wish I would have known), and the reporter bought a gown on the SPOT! They will be doing another plug tomorrow on TV, and talking about me and the gowns, and how they came into the hospices' hands. I can't WAIT for them to SELL, SELL, SELL!!! I am so excited that they may have found a TRUE group that can raise some healthy funds for the hospice! I am sure that which ever TV station it is on, they will have an Internet link. If I can find it, I will post it here s that everyone can see and enjoy!
I am off to have a battle/meeting with Dayna's cheer leading coaches. *sigh* Never a dull moment around here!

No comments:
Post a Comment