Friday, May 1, 2009

You spin me right round, baby, right round....


So......you haven't heard from me in awhile, and I apologize. I can make excuses, but instead, I think I will just explain myself. I've had a couple of reasons why I haven't been on here much, as of late. Here are some of them:
Seems like I have a follower in the family, that I can't understand why they are interested in my blogs, as everything I do in their world, gets turned around and used against me. So, I've been sitting in contemplation of whether or not to scrap my blog. I decided to try and work through the feelings that it brings up, and continue on. I have a nice following, and have pick up a few more friends along the road....so, I shall continue. I get encouraging notes from people who really enjoy my openness and style or writing, so I will take a step out on to that ledge. No growth comes from being stagnant, right?
Besides that, life has kinda gotten in the way recently. I've got so much on my plate. I feel like every time I start getting close to seeing a HINT of the bottom of my plate, some unwanted dump truck backs up, and unloads its load on to my plate. Now, I'm overwhelmed. Where to start....
Many of you know that I am dealing with my fathers EXTREMELY poor health. I am the one who has willing jumped in front of the train and decided to take action in getting him better medical treatment. It's been almost 3 years now that the doctors locally have been trying to diagnose him with SOMETHING. ANYTHING!! And gotten nowhere....slowly. Well, since I have been involved, things have fast-tracked a bit more. Besides looking at getting him into Mayo Clinic in AZ, he's gone through a few tests in the last two weeks, and even been seen my a doctor an an oncologist on their days off!! SOMEONE is understanding the great need in getting him diagnosed ASAP...and I am grateful for that. I am also grateful for the amount of heart-to-heart time this has given me and my daddy. It's been a tough road for me...and I can't even IMAGINE everything that HE must be going through.
Besides that, there's been my "pseudo-surgery" in March (I was put under at the hospital, only to be woken up later and told that the surgery was aborted before they could do anything.) A week of depression. Then, I had my REAL surgery on 4/16. I'm recuperating. The orthopaedic surgeon says 4-6 weeks of physical therapy, and 6 months until a have a decent recovery. Two days ago, I got word that I will need to have another "in house" (under local) surgery. On my back shoulder, again. This will require 3-5 stitches, and a 2 week lifting embargo. I will be so glad when I can get this all behind me, and operate like a decent human being.
Then there's this little thing called a "wedding" that we are gearing up for. Granted, it's 14 months away....but, an anxious bride awaits. So, I sure there will be a solid 14 months of planning, parties, and more planning.
Top it all off with the fact that Dean is hot-and-heavy after buying a new house. Wait....lemme clarify. It's NOT new. But, after we gut and remodel it, it basically will be. (I seem to remember myself going through this for 3 years...and it only ended less than 2 years ago....) It's a HUGE chunk to bite into, especially with then marital ties are about to snap as it is...
So, I sit here with a chest holster on, as I have been assigned a cardiologist by my primary care doctor, for palpitations. They are trying to figure out if they are stress related, o health related. When the cardiologist asked me if I was under any stress, I asked him to define "stress". haha I told him that I thought that "off the charts" would be an accurate description.
So what's new with you??

No comments: