Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Invited again....and Briana gets called for City Hall!!

Photobucket


Remember that lovely charcoal sketch that Briana did a few months ago in BEGINNING art class???


Wellllll...........she decided to enter it, and the Marilyn Monroe sketch, into the Big Fresno Fair's fine art contest. With the drape sketch, she won 3rd in the "Advanced Art, Mixed Media" catagory!! YEA!! The fair opened today, and goes until October 13th.



Wanna hear some even COOLER news?!?!?!




She got a call tonight (actually, they had to leave a message on her phone because we were at church...), but she was asked if she would allow the sketch to be hung inside Fresno City Hall!!! There will be a reception on November 6th, with dinner and the whole she-bang! Too cool! I'm sure she will be meeting our Mayor, Alan Autry ("Bubba").





VERY cool for Briana!! She's already had it hung at Fresno City College....then published.....now this!! I'm BEAMING proud of her!!!



Wanna hear something ELSE that's too cool?!?!?





Photobucket

Well, a few of you know that I had been invited to Quincy Jones' home...and didn't go. I hung with my cousin (and my daughters) a little over a week ago, and we all had a BLAST!! Besides driving my cousins new Bentley Continental GT (which I will need to do more of..), we all just had way too much fun! Welllll.....I got a note from her this evening, and she is wanting me to come down and she'll take me over to his home. I'm thinking I'm gonna take her up on her offer this time. To be invited ONCE and miss it is bad enough. But....to miss an opportunity like that TWICE....would just be flat out stupid! Sssoooooooo......for those of you who are interested, I will DEFINATELY take my camera, and get some pics of me and "Q" while I am there! I am not one to get star-struck at ALL....but, this is pretty damned cool, if may say so myself!

Anyways.....I'm gonna be a couch potato tonght.

Play a little on the computer....read some of the book that I am on....then try and crash. I have been sleeping a BUNCH the last two days, which usually means I am trying not to get sick. So, sleep I shall!




Lemme know whatcha think about the whole "going to Quicy's" field trip. I know that YOU'RE excited Kohl..... (chuckle)

xoxo

~M~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! So when are you going to meet the "Q?"
I'm so jealous. I get star-stuck STILL and I was in the industry!!!! You really have to tell me everything...and please take pictures.
Tell Briana that I said "You go girl!" That is so AWESOME and EXCITING. I wish I could draw...anything.
XOXO,
Kohl

Duane said...

Quicy Jones........who dat?