
Well, my darling Alyssa went in to take her very first written test for her driver's permit. We got to DMV, got up to the counter, only to find out that she had to be ENROLLED in Driver's Training before she could even take the test. (She's VERY independent, and has done all of this...including online classes...on her own. VERY organized...) Anyways, we left there with tears welled up in her eyes that she was trying to hold back. I told her, "No problem, we will drive 2 blocks down, where Briana took HER Driver's Training, sign you up, get the papers, and gome right back and take your test". Which we did.
We got back to DMV, got her number called, and when we got up to the window, on her paperwork, she had forgotten to get her SSN. Well, Dean and MY social security numbers are the only ones I have memorized, so, I made a few calls, got lucky, and found someone at Dean's work that had Alyssa's SSN.
Ready for testing. She takes her picture, gives her thumbprint, and off to the testing area she goes with her 48 questions.
I see her turning around and heading for the corrections area, so I quickly go over and join her. As the lady is correcting her test, Alyssa announces how nervous she is, and the lady asks her what she does when she doesn't pass a test at school. (Obviously, she doesn't know my Lys!) Alyssa replies with, "I don't fail tests." So, the lady asks her what would she do if she had? Alyssa draws a blank. (lol) The lady prompts her that she would go back and study some more and retake the test again. As she recounts how many Alyssa missed, she tells us that she missed passing by ONE question. I felt so badly for her. So much had gone on right before we headed down there...
Well, she had a positive attitude. She said that she gets to babysit her favorite kids tonight AND make money, and asked me for an ice cream from Rite-Aid (Thrifty)...which I was more than happy to oblige.
Two weeks, and she can go back again.
I know she will pass with flying colors.

1 comment:
Ha! That's funny! Just don't tell her that I was laughing! I hope she is a better driver than her mother..............
Post a Comment