Friday, August 8, 2008

MEDIA BLITZ





Well, ready or not.....controversy or not.........it's here.


Beijing Summer Olympics 2008.



I gotta admit, I'm not a HUGE Olympics fan. There are a couple of events that I will watch avidly....the rest I have no interest in, really. UnAmerican?

I enjoy the floor exercises in Gymnastics.....and I LOVE the high diving competition. LOVE it!! That one's my favorite. Other than that.....blech. Not much I gotta watch. I will be gone for 10 days of the Olympics, anyways....less to have to endure. (I hope I don't miss diving, though....)

Besides that....let's see......am working hard at trying to get some contacts in the Burbank/Hollywood/Malibu area. There's a possibility that I may have an "in" with a TV show that is in the works. I'm sitting back and keeping my fingers crossed there. I just got a text today that someone close to me is in the top two for a new NBC show, and I am a reference for her as a Producer. Hey, the more that I can put out there, the better. Sometimes, you just never know when your lucky number is gonna hit....


Getting ready to head to Seattle, then hit a 7 day cruise to Alaska. I think this is our 5th time there. Might be our 6th....I can't remember. Either way,it should be a nice trip. We have the Grand Suite on the ship. Over 1300 sq. ft. of cabin, our own butler, living room complete with state-of-the-art TV/sound system and DVD library. Besides coming out for spa treatments, I might never need to leave the room.

We will be salmon fishing in Juneau and doing 4 wheeling in Tomcars in Ketchikan. We've done that before, and it was LOADS of fun!! I am hoping it will be equally (if not more) muddy than the last time we went!! We are doing another excursion...but, I can't remember what it is.....hhhhmmmmmmmmm.

Well, just a brief update on up-and-coming events. I gotta get back to my paperwork for Dean.


It's awfully quiet around here. Briana is at work (hostess for Fleming's Steak and Wine House), Dayna left for cheer camp in UC Santa Cruz EARLY this morning and will return on Monday evening.....and Dean is at work. Alyssa and I are here doing laundry and playing on our computers, while listening to music. Time for me to get back to work!!

Gonna make rib eye steak tonight!! YUM!! I did a BANG OUT job on some salmon the other night. I created a recipe that worked out rather well. Put salmon fillets in a large Pyrex dish (had water in the bottom first, so the fish would not stick), topped each one with a pat of butter, then put some of my special dill seasoning on top of each piece. Covered with aluminum foil, and cooked on 350' for about 25-30 minutes. While that was cooking, I put some grape seed oil and a pat of butter in a saute pan. I split some sweet grape tomatoes, cut up some fresh garlic and chopped fresh basil and tossed them all into the oil/butter mix. Sauteed those up until everything was tender. Then, I steamed up some king crab legs and did some drawn butter for them. When the fish was done, I topped it with the tomato/garlic/basil mix, set the steamed crab on the side, and served it all with some angel hair pasta with herbs. It was BOMB!!

Maybe you will have to let me cook for YOU sometime!!! I LOVE cookin'!!


Ask me about my prime rib sometime......or beef wellington!! ;)

No comments: