Thursday, July 17, 2008

Times are difficult....




I have kept in VERY light touch with a few of you....and told you that we've been struggling here for the last 2 weeks. Well, today we got verification of some horrible news that we had really been praying against.

Dean's middle brother Gary, has officially been diagnosed with stage 3a lung cancer. He was seen here in Fresno a couple of weeks ago, and the diagnosed himat that time. He went for a second opinion this week at UCLA, with the lead lung cancer specialist there. Today he had a broncoscopy and biopsy of lymph nodes. I got a phone call about 2 hours ago that he was out of surgery, but still under.

They found the cancerous nodule on his right lung that they knew of....and also found cancer in lymph nodes by the affected lung. They took samples of the other lung and lymph nodes around it...but, we won't have results until next week (Wednesday). The doctor was optomistic before today's procedure, and had scheduled for surgery next Thursday to remove the cancer on his lung. However, due to the findings that he has affected lymph nodes, surgery has been cancelled, as it is not an option now. He was diagnosed as stage 3a today....awaiting tests on the other lung. If tests on the other lung come back positive for cancer, he will have stage 3b...minimum. If you are curious about life expectancy rates for stage 3a lung cancer, please look it up on Google, as it's not something I wish to put in writing.

Gary, Patty, Dennise, and Dean could sure use a WHOLE lot of prayer right now. They are all taking this VERY hard...as to be expected.


I don't even feel like going into anything else right now. I will side-note that my fibromyalgia has cme out of remission, as of the last 7-10 days, and I am strugglig to battle it.


Please keep our family in your thoughts and prayers.

No comments: