Tuesday, June 3, 2008

So confused and blue...




Well, our trip is off. And our schedule is up in the air for at least a couple of weeks. My doc says that it will probably take my wound 4 weeks to completely heal...as long as it doesn't have another flare-up. Dean is on a mission to find us another international cruise to take...but we have a small window of time to work with...and we have Lee's work schedule to consider. Tough having this happen, and have to replan for 6 people.

I stayed in bed today, in my night gown, until 2:30 this afternoon...running a fever. I don't really feel there's much that they can do about the fever, as I am already on a BUTTLOAD of antibiotics of different shapes, colors and dosages. If the fever goes on too long, I can take some Motrin IB...but, no Tylenol, 'cause I'm already on Vicodin. I see the General Surgeon tomorrow at 11:15am.

All day I wanted to take a shower, but I am SCARED TO DEATH to have an open wound in the shower!! The surgeon says it will be fine...but, he is the only one of SIX doctors who has felt that way. I'M SO CONFUSED!!!

Unfortunately, my doctor also stated that I have burns on my skin from allergic reaction from the adhesive on the tape and bandages that we have been using. Pretty bad burns, from what I gather. All I know is that it burns, stings and itches. He doesn't want to prescribe cortisone cream, due to the fact that I sill have an open wound.

***sigh***

This too, shall pass. Right?



On the funny side, after cancelling our trip last night, I got THIS email in my box this afternoon:



You've Won a Spot in the Toy Story Mania! Annual Passholder Sneak Peek
Congratulations michelle kumpe! Get your spring-action shooter loaded and ready for fun!

You have been selected to participate in the Toy Story Mania! Annual Passholder Sneak Peek at Disney's California Adventure® Park. Here are the details of your time slot:

Date: June 12, 2008
Time: 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Total Party Size: 6
Annual Passport Barcode Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Please print this e-mail and present it - along with a valid Disneyland® Resort Annual Passport for each member of your party - to the West Information Booth at least 30 minutes before your time slot. The West Information Booth is located between the Picnic Area and La Brea Bakery Cafe, on the Downtown Disney® District side of the Disneyland® Main Entry Plaza.

We look forward to seeing you on June 12, 2008!

Your Pals at Disneyland® Resort




What are the chances that Dean will let me go to such an awesome event?

I guess I entered the sweepstakes awhile back...and forgot about it.


Talk about suck timing.....

No comments: