Saturday, April 26, 2008

She's at it again!!




Sorry I have been gone for so very long. I've been a little pre-occupied.....


Things here have been a little nuts. My friends husband of 34 years up-and-moved-out, in a fast and furious week....without any notice. It came as a shocker to all of us. So, I have been trying to be there for her. Trying, being the operative word.


Besides that, Dean is getting over being sick. He NEVER gets sick...so this was an anomaly. To add to that, a couple of weeks ago, during his cardiac rehab, they stopped him during his workout, and said there was a problem. Took him straight up to his cardiologist, and was told that he was in atrial fibrillation. He's been on coumadin and Toporol, and sees the doc again on Monday. Looks like they will be taking him to the Heart Hospital and de-fib'ing him there with the paddles. Doesn't sound like fun to ME. On Tuesday, he is supposed to leave to Las Vegas. He gets to race a NASCAR around for 10 laps....3 times. He comes home on Thursday.

I am trying to have an old high school friend over for dinner on Tuesday night...but, was just reminded that I am subbing for "old ladies" bunco. I was the VERY youngest, until another lady brought her daughter-in-law. So, I am next to oldest now. Most of the ladies are well over 60...all the way up to almost 80. They're a HOOT!! I'll have to figure out how to rearrange my schedule now. :-\

It's been a rough couple of weeks for me. Things have really been wearing on me. A couple of you are aware that I had an issue one week ago this past Friday. I was considering suicide. Seriously considering it. I could visualize exactly how it was going to go down. With MUCH prayer, I just took my day, minute-by-minute...and made it through. Since then, I have come to realize how very much I mean to my friends and family, and how much I am loved. I greatly thank all of them for the support that they have shown, and the prayers that they have been praying for me. I'm just at an all-time low...and I can't do it alone. Thank you all.


On a MUCH more positive note, Briana is at it again! Not only did she finish her charcoal sketch of the sheet that was AMAZING, she was handed another project in her "beginning art" class. She was to reproduce a famous picture, using shapes, rather than lines and curves. She chose a picture of Marilyn Monroe, and then changed her mind because it was too difficult. Upon telling her art professor, he said she could do better work....so.....she switched back to Marilyn, fearing that she would NOT be able to finish the project. Well....she finished. And she texted me to tell me that her art class "hates" her again. Here's what she came up with, against the picture she copied it from:


Photobucket


Here it is by its beautiful self:


Photobucket


Her next project is to do the same picture, using geometric shapes. I can't WAIT to see how that one comes out! I'll keep you posted!


My upcoming schedule of travel should be fun. I was invited to go to Harvey's in Lake Tahoe with a couple of girlfriends. One was invited to play in a golf tournament with the Teamsters. I guess she kicks ass (besides BEING a kick in the ass!!), and all the guys want her in their group when it comes to golfing. I just knew that she had a gold medal in softball from the summer Olympics that were in Japan several years ago. RaeAnn....YOU ROCK!! So, we will be leaving sometime next Sunday and returning shortly after. Quick trip, but should be a nice little get away. Hopefully, I will get as lucky on the slots as I did on Dean's and my trip to Vegas!! I won over $1000 on the nickel machines! Well....ONE machine. ;)


So, have you seen JUNO yet? I LOVED it!! Was SSOOO glad that I bought it! The gal that plays the part of Juno, has the demeanor and wit of Janeane Garofalo. HILARIOUS dry wit. The girls and I have just ADORED watching that movie over and over again. Other than that...the only other thing that's been on TV (at least while Dean is home), has been the Dodgers. So, I have being doing a lot on the computer. I love the Dodgers....but, watching it constantly is not a strength of mine. I can listen to it in the background, that's fine.

Been working out a lot. My workouts will be getting longer and harder starting May 1st. This will be the second time I have pushed them up since I started back after my surgery. Feels GREAT!! I have had lots of compliments already about how I look like have lost weight. I haven't. I think I have gained muscle. However, I have lost one size already. My trainer says I should lose another size within 4 weeks!! I CAN'T WAIT!!

Well....I think that's about all of the exciting news in MY little world.


OH! If you know my mom and her house situation, we met with her attorney on Friday. We will be going to binding arbitration by the end of May. I presented him with a bunch of pictures of her house....UNFINISHED....and he was REALLY thrilled that I had thought of that. So, he's going to ask for a 6 hour meeting, instead of the 4 that was originally scheduled. Say a little prayer for her (and me!!). She and Heather need to get moved into a new house....and we need to get ours back!


Hope all is well with you. Once again...I apologize that I have been so preoccupied and not "mentally" available to blog. ;)

No comments: